


Eight years ago at this very moment, I was preparing to deliver my sweet son, Brayden and praying for a miracle for Sophie....praying that although her brother had died moments earlier in my belly, that somehow, some way, she would survive...she did. As Chris held Brayden's lifeless little body in his arms, we waited anxiously to see what was to happen. Sadly, Sophie decided that she did not want to live on this earth without her brother and she was delivered shortly after...surviving for a minute and a half. I remember that moment like it was just seconds ago. The ache, the longing, the what might have been's never go away.
Every year on their birthday, we send balloons to our precious little angels in Heaven. It is our way of remembering the short time we held them and celebrating the Eternity that Jesus is enjoying with them. This year is extra special for them...Papa is holding them today.

7 comments:
What a beautiful post! I'll say an extra prayer for your angels.
Hugs,
Chesnye
My heart just broke when I read this story. I had no idea. I'm so very sorry that you do not have your precious little ones here with you. I know the ache you feel and I will be praying for you during this time.
~Lynn
With tears flowing - what a beautiful post especially knowing that grandpa is holding them!
Sending you a hug!
Sending big bear hugs your way.
What a great way for the girls to know their older brother and sister.
Oh Mel....I bet their Papa was there to help them catch their Birthday balloons today along with big brother Evan. My heart aches for you and you are so often in my thoughts. Let's get together soon...
Hugs!!
Abbie
My heart was touched by this post! May God bless you. (((hugs)))
What a beautiful tradition, Melanie. I wonder if your dad gave them a special motorcycle ride on their birthday?
I was just in Savannah, and it was so beautiful. I thought of you often there because it was such a lovely, romantic city.
Post a Comment