Friday, July 9, 2010

Today.



Today.  


Our firstborn son Evan is celebrating his 10th birthday in Heaven.   


Ten Years.   Sometimes it seems like a million years ago.   Others, it seems only yesterday.


Today is one of those days.

It seems like only seconds ago, I was carrying my precious little boy in my belly.  


Only seconds ago that something seemed to be wrong...Mother's Intuition, I suppose.


Only seconds ago that I held him in my arms, kissed his tiny forehead and whispered my goodbyes.   Crying so many tears I thought the room would  flood.



Only seconds ago that we were blessed with the incredible honor of being Evan Christopher's parents.



And it seems a lifetime ago that we were blessed to know that we would see him again.



Happy 10th Birthday, our sweet Evan.  We cannot wait to see your angelic face. 

Someday.

30 comments:

Megan said...

God Bless you Melanie and your beautiful family on earth and in Heaven.

Vintage Home said...

...Thankful we have the peace to know we will see our loved ones again......God Bless You

Dawn said...

YOU and your sweet Family are in my heart~

Tina said...

Sending you and your family all my love and hugs today sweet Melanie ~ Txx

Kathysue said...

Melanie I am crying for your family. I am so sorry. I know and have the faith and the promise that you will see him again. God Bless your sweet family,Kathysue

Victoria said...

My heart goes out to you today...

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I know all to well the pain you are feeling today.Sending warm thoughts and big hugs your way sweet friend. xoxo

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to your sweet boy! i cant even imagine! i am so glad you have faith in Him! i will say a prayer for you tonight! xo

Allison said...

Prayers to you on this day. I am a new follower and just read your post. Have a lovely day with your beautiful family.

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

I'm so sorry your sweet boy isn't here with you now, but I rejoice in the hope you have knowing you will see him again.

Thank you for sharing your heart today.

A Lasting First Impression said...

That is so very sad. I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine that pain. Thank goodness for the promise of Heaven, our babies will be waiting for us there! Prayers for you and your beautiful family today!

Kate said...

Melanie
My heart goes out to you and holding you in my prayers for peace and comfort in your heart. You are such an amazing woman of strength

God bless you
Kate

Alison Gibbs said...

Melanie my thoughts and love are with you and your sweet family on this special day
Alison

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Melanie..all my love to you and your family today..Rachaelxx

Rie said...

Oh Melanie,
I'm so sorry. :( I will be praying for you today as you remember your sweet son.

Anonymous said...

I send you and your family hugs and prayers today and pray that that your day is a beautiful one ~

God bless you all ~

Claudia said...

Thinking of you and your family and of your beloved baby boy.

Kathy said...

God Bless you dear

jodi said...

Loving thoughts and prayers to you on Evan's Day...sweet will be the reunion in Heaven someday...

LuLu said...

Melanie, sending a birthday prayer to heaven for your son and your whole family,
xo,
LuLu

Nancy said...

Melanie praying for you today. Your sweet angel Evan is watching over you all and will be waiting for you on that sweet day. I believe he will be watching for the perfect little brother for your family. Wishing you all a beautiful weekend knowing Evan is safe and loved with our Big Daddy.

Kiri said...

Your sweet family is in my prayers! Evan is smiling down on you.

Between You and Me said...

in my prayers today....

Unknown said...

It is a blessing for a mother to know that her babies are safe in Gods arms. It is what gets us through. I would have a 6 year old today, but Heaven needed them more. God bless you and keep you.

Amy Kinser said...

What a great celebration of your son's sweet little life.

My baby boy that is in heaven is about a year younger than your little one.

Sweet sweet gifts waiting on us.

Amy in CA said...

I have a dear friend who went through a similar situation two times. There aren't words. You are in my thoughts and prayers, sweet Melanie.

Amy

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

Hugs and best wishes to you and your lovely family Melanie. K xx

Farah said...

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. May God continue to give you peace. You will see your beautiful children again one day.

Sprout Gallery said...

Hi. Just read your blog. Your words hit me like a thud. We experienced the same thing with our dear baby daughter Aurele. Time heals but like you, I hope to see her again one day. Your blog is lovely :)

The Presidency said...

Not the way I planned to start my Saturday morning with tears rolling down my cheeks. Oh but what you and your husband have been through. I am so greatful to the birth mom of those 2 beauties. How blessed they are to have you. Not sure how I landed on your blog. But so greatful I did. What an inspiring lady you are.