Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blessings


Annabelle, Chloe and my neice, Myah. Our adoption Blessings



I just got done putting the girls down for a nap. Every day I do this and it seems so small to some, but to me it is something I waited years to do. I always put Chloe down first. We have a bedtime routine no matter what bedtime it is...if she is going to her crib we have to say our prayers, sing Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle little star ( tinkle tinkle butter dot, as she calls it), Pat a cake, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Rock a bye Baby, Go to Sleep my Baby, Silver Thunderbird by Marc Cohn(daddy's favorite) and Rest for the Weary(Mommy's favorite) also by Marc Cohn. If you can imagine singing Marc Cohn to a 2 year old! It is such a precious time for me. Then Annabelle goes to her room. We have to turn on her Froggy Humidifier, give it hugs and kisses, and have her Baby Einstein Book, Alice the Fairy book, Bandit the dog, Sophie the doll, her Bitty Baby and her favorite blanket. We also have to have 3 fi's( we still have pacifiers, but only at bedtime. That is the reason we have 3. Since taking them from her during the day she has to have one in each hand and one in her mouth when she goes to sleep.) We're working on it. After they are all tucked in and a sense of peace comes over our house, I always count my blessings. It just seems to happen. I cannot go through their nap time without it. We all have our little rituals.

I thank God every day for the joy in my life. We have overcome so much grief and sadness. Someday I will share it with you if you don't already know. But for today, I am blessed in knowing that God has a plan for us and we are living it. I learned a long time ago that life is what happens when you are waiting for it to begin. It is loss, suffering, tears, unbearable ache, longing, holding on, letting go, peace, forgiveness, expectation, joy, loving beyond imagination, every little second is LIFE. Enjoy it. Embrace it. Accept it. LOVE it.

I am counting my Blessings.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful post~ thanks for eloquently putting into words something we need to remember each and every day. :)
I love that you take the time to count your blessings. :)

Leslie said...

I still am pinching myself that those little sweeties are ours! Life happened that is for sure!

Sheri said...

This is such a sweet and heart-felt post. God has truly blessed your families and these girls!